I’m 21, been singing since I was around 16 or 17. I use to struggle up to E4 above middle C. As the years went by , I’ve mastered singing from C4-F#4 around 20. Just recently I’ve found it easier to sing up to G4-A4. My falsetto/headvoice would go up to around A5. I was just wondering what classification of that vocal range would be?

closed as off-topic by Tim, Peter, Richard, Shevliaskovic, Tim H Jun 27 at 6:48

  • This question does not appear to be about music practice, performance, composition, technique, theory, or history within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    With due respect, ten seconds of googling found the answer. Even providing an answer will not be very helpful to future readers. So I vtc. – Tim Jun 19 at 10:58
  • 5
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because answers would be of little value to future visitors. – Tim Jun 19 at 10:59

You sound like a bass with an extended upper range. Here's a website nicely showing the ranges, especially the diagram down the page. Hope this helps.


  • Providing links isn't an accepted thing on this site. Linkrot may deny future readers the pleasure. – Tim Jun 20 at 17:18
  • 1
    Oh sorry. I saw the "add link" feature and assumed that's what it was for. Is there a "rules of good behavior guide" guide or something like that I can reference for this site? – SmartOlGuy Jun 20 at 17:33
  • 1
    That's a little ironic - judging by the comments that are given about links and linkrot. The 'help centre ' is a good start place. Welcome! – Tim Jun 20 at 20:39
  • 1
    Clearly this is not a friendly place. Thanks for the "ironic" tips. – SmartOlGuy Jun 21 at 19:34

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.