Sorry to start with a question but can anyone tell me what footswitch will work on my Behringer Euuropower 980s power mixer. I want to be able to switch between both effects channels and also to mute effects when speaking between numbers.

  • 1
    What does the manual say? – piiperi Reinstate Monica Oct 5 '19 at 9:11
  • @piiperi - unhelpfully, the manual says ' Use a standard footswitch'. I have maybe a dozen or more footswitches, half momentary, and half on/off. So no help there! But it'll be one or the other... – Tim Oct 5 '19 at 9:30
  • manual says..'use a dual footswitch to enable FX1and FXdependently.'....goes on to say....' the tip of 1/4" plug controls FX1 and the ring FX2'.. have no idea what this means – David.C Oct 5 '19 at 10:43
  • So the question is more like, what do tip and ring mean in a footswitch. You're looking for a dual i.e. two-channel footswitch with a tip-ring-sleeve i.e. TRS plug, like the manual says. There are some variations though. Maybe you'll just have to try one, they're not very expensive. – piiperi Reinstate Monica Oct 5 '19 at 10:55
  • Thanks for that now I know what to look for – David.C Oct 5 '19 at 11:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.