It's like slapping the lowest part of the piano, like a thunder/rumble/booming-like effect. I've seen on wiki that it may be called "bashing"? How do you achieve it?

Here's a video of it being using multiple times, towards the ending

  • Elton John used that to great effect in the song Bennie And The Jets. I have seen him perform live. It's a powerful thing when blasting through thousands of watts of PA system. Dec 26, 2019 at 10:26

1 Answer 1



Or triple forte - fortississimo - I suppose is the proper thing to mean as loud as possible.

In that particular recording it sounds like there is a bass drum or some other percussion also being used. That seems to be what is producing the big thud.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.