I have a 4x12 cab loaded with 8ohm speakers. I'd like to connect two amps to this cab, one amp running into the top two speakers, the other into the bottom two. Basically turn it into two 2x12s in the same cab.
Can I do the following without damaging my gear :
- Install a new input plate with 2 mono jacks
- Connect the top 2 speakers in series to the left jack
- Connect the bottom 2 speakers in series to the right jack
- Connect each amp's 16 ohm output to the speaker input
- Turn everything on, make noise.
Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I try this?