Our daughter got an old child guitar (80 cm / 31") as a present from her grandparents. It's horrible to play, so I have to try making it as good as possible.
Somethings to note:
- The neck is really dry. I almost get splinters.
- The tuning pegs are quite hard to turn. I'm assuming the gears are not the best.
- The frets have rough edges
- The strings are super dry and rough
- The strings are a bit far from the neck close to the body, but not close to the head.
- Can I oil the fret board?
- What type of strings are easiest to play for a child?
- Can I file the edges?
- Can I use a saw or something to make a deeper cut into the "string holder" on the body (last image).
Any other tips?