I am a bass player who is considering purchasing one of these. At a first sight, the Xenyx is just like a better U2, with more channels a controls. Is there any reason why it would be better to get the U2 instead?
- two passive bass guitars
- a Laney RBW200 amp, with a D.I. XLR out and an effects loop, but no headphones out.
- a VOX AC1 Rhythmbox Bass mini amp, with a noisy output an with a very low volume headphones-out.
- my cellphone, from which I use to play backing tracks and rhythm loops
I plan to use the new acquisition for the following use cases:
the new acquisition as stand-alone headphone amp with backing track, with bass directly plugged in into one input and backing track into the other;
the same as before, but with my bass-amp (which has a XLR D.I. out) in between the bass and the new acquisition through an XLR cable.
recording the result of the last setup with few noise a good enough tone, without requiring pro quality tone
foreseeable future setups involving effects-pedals, with or without the amp (which has an effects loop)
I know that the U2 will limit my backing tracks to a mono input. The main thing I want to know is what do I get in exchange for abiding the stereo of the backing track; the physical EQ knobs and the additional inputs, namely:
- Will I get less noise with the U2?
- Will I get a louder headphone out with the U2?