I have a Johnson Blueline 100r combo amp and I want to connect it to an external cabinet and use them simultaneoualy. I am unsure if the line out will bypass the inhouse speakers.

  • Have you asked the amp suppliers or checked on their site? – Tim Apr 25 '20 at 20:59
  • Their website is archaic at best – Matt Shepherd Apr 25 '20 at 21:08
  • I think I'll use a separate external amp for the cabinet and a splitter pedal. – Matt Shepherd Apr 25 '20 at 21:09
  • 1
    I’m talking in general terms ‘cause all amps are a little different and I don’t know yours specifically. A line out is for sending a signal to a PA or another amplifier but not an external cabinet. It typically doesn’t mute the internal speakers. You need an external speaker output to go to another cabinet. Sometimes using the external speaker output will mute the internal speakers, you just have to try it. if your amp doesn’t have one you can use the line out to go to another amplifier. – John Belzaguy Apr 25 '20 at 21:38
  • @JohnBelzaguy - doesn't the line out act from the same place as 'send', like after the pre-amp? – Tim Apr 26 '20 at 6:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.