I have a Behringer X-Touch Compact hooked up to provide basic transport and level/pan controls to Logic Pro X (currently 10.4.8).
At some point recently (since I last worked on a track about a month ago) I'm finding that, regardless of which project I have opened, the fader banks now seem to be assigned per channel number (an abstract concept I'd never been aware of!) rather than track number. This basically makes it impossible to use, as I'll create tracks and then move them around into logical groups, but now the are non-contiguous, so navigating the banks is completely impractical:
In the screenshot, the drums are on track 12, playing through audio 4, so rather than my current fader bank being a group of adjacent tracks, it's now got a hole in the middle (track 11) since track 10 is audio 1, track 11 is audio 10. It's even worse for some of my other tracks where I've moved things around more.
I am certain this isn't the behaviour I used to have, but I have no idea what's changed - I can't find any relevant setting in the control surface settings.
The problem doesn't appear on my laptop running 10.5 (which I barely use) but I'm wary of upgrading my main machine to 10.5 in the middle of working on a project, so I'd like to get a sense of the root cause before trying that, if possible.