I'm an early-career volcano technologist with interests including speleology and astrobiology. I play cello, build flying robots, and enjoy sport climbing.
At the moment I am in northern Chile with the Trail by Fire project.
I have experience with:
- Web frameworks: Django, Meteor
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (demo video): Many ardupilot-based systems, recently builds based on Turboace Matrix and FireFLY6. Also lots of stick time on DJI Phantom 3 pro, DJI Matrice 100
- Laser scanning: I've operated Optech, Riegl, and Leica systems and am competent in processing data from all of these. In addition to manufacturer's software, I use Blender, Polyworks, Meshlab, and CloudCompare extensively.
- Multi-view stereophotogrammetry: Made some stuff for NASA JPL and some for a National Geographic expedition.
- Geophysical hardware: Fiber-optic distributed temperature sensing systems, Onset dataloggers, Campbell dataloggers, Quanterra Q330, ancient Guralp seismometers and digitizers, Trimble GPS things
- Geophysical software: I'm good with Earthworm.
Some of my creations on the web are:
- AfterFlight: Browser-based UAV log and video analysis
- climbshare.com: 3D interactive multiplayer climbing guides (early development)
- Erebus Cave and Fumarole Database: Database of Erebus' fumarolic ice caves including timeseries data
- gottafix.it: Edit the web
- Kicksnorter: publicly report success / failure of crowdfund projects (retired since it's against Kickstarter policy)
- quirktonomicon.com: Alternative interface to quirky.com (retired)
Member for 5 years, 6 months
9 profile views
Last seen Sep 18 at 17:44