Member for 2 years, 3 months
Last seen more than a month ago
The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good
I have a BS in Social Engineering.
My day job is a full-stack developer in C#/JS, but I like most Computer Engineering-related things. Just keep it at or above the 1's and 0's level, or I start zoning out.
On StackOverflow, I enjoy investigating serial plagiarism cases.
Most egregious cases found by # of flaggable items, including re-tread answers.
(No names. Just here to document warning signs)
17; March 2022.
- Often obscured stolen content in popular questions. Sometimes changed a few words around.
- 4 answers escaped the 60 day +3 rep reversal limit. (+1 CW answer that would have qualified too)
12; March 2022. (2, then 10 after week suspension)
- Active and persistent even after suspension, over about a week
- Squatted answers then copied better ones or revised later to cover up
- Always submitted code only answers, then advertised them in comments
- Other answers were suspect, but could not directly prove plagiarism
- Denied plagiarism when confronted (blatant case). Complained about voting fraud reversal.