- Violinist from age 8; went to Eastman School of Music for undergrad
- Taught violin from about 2003-2018
- Got a master's in education and tried to teach public school orchestra for a year (failed miserably)
- Got a DMA and then discovered just how few full-time tenure-track violin professorships there are in the U.S.
- After 5 years of fruitless job-hunting, went to a "coding bootcamp" and got a full-time job in software engineering. Continue to perform as much as possible, especially in early music.
Interests: violin; music history (especially baroque); ethnomusicology; fiddle and related folk traditions of America, Scandinavia, and the British Isles; pop/rock contexts
FanaticNov 23, 2021
ConventionJul 6, 2022
PunditOct 4, 2021